|Take your nails from drab to fab!|
My childhood friend Danielle and I recently reconnected on Facebook (I love finding ways FB can be used for the greater good!) and I noticed she started selling this rad-looking nail product called Jamberry.
When I asked her about it she offered to send me samples to try during my visit to the USA. Naturally I was stoked because I love nail stuff (but have little time for it these days.)
A little purple package arrived with the nail wraps and polish colors I selected (there are like a bazillion patterns and colors- good luck chosing!) I couldn't wait to try them but I kept waiting for the perfect opportunity- I think I expected the whole process to take a lot longer than it did. I was able to do my nails and toes during my daughter's afternoon nap. Lesson learned ladies and gents- don't wait to treat yourself!
|Even got the chance to do my tootsies!|
I painted my toenails with the lovely paint, nice and thick so you can actually get away with doing one coat. Score- timesaver! While they were drying I managed to read the simple nail wrap instructions and slap those onto my fingernails as well- bam.
The application process was straightforward but my execution needs work. I know this is one of those things where practice makes perfect- at least in this case the practicing results in some really fun looking fingertips!
|A little bit of quick Mommy pampering|
- Make sure the wraps are sized correctly. I noticed this myself during the application. You don't want to stick the wrap anywhere onto your skin or it will lift off and annoy you (so make sure it's not too big.) Trim a little off around your cuticles.
- Use purple cuticle pusher to smooth wrinkles while the nail wraps are still warm. Or try this step after the wrap application is complete- simply warm up each individual nail beforehand.
- Nail prep is key! Push those cuticles back, including this little hidden cuticle we all have. It's a chalky film that you can scrape off the nail near the cuticle bed. Make sure you get rid of that and wipe nails with alcohol to remove any oils.
- General Nail Health. Drink plenty of water and use cuticle oil often after you apply your wraps. Jamberry supplies cuticle oil in your application kit.
- Remove with Care. Don't rip or pull wraps off your nails or you could damage them. Allow nailpolish remover to soak underneath the wrap so it can dissolve the glue which hold the wrap to your nail.
For my Aussie readers there is exciting news- Jamberry is coming to the Australian market this October! If you are interested in buying or selling you can check out Danielle's website, facebook page or email her: firstname.lastname@example.org