7 Rad DIY Chair Tutorials
|Images Credited Below*|
I recently garbage picked for the first time in my life and it was completely exhilarating. Don’t get me wrong, I completely condone it I had just never done it.
Luckily I didn't have to go very far because the thing would barely fit into my car with the baby-seat in the back.
This bad boy sat beckoning me from about four doors down from our very own house. My little bug and I drove past it two days in a row (the first day I meant to grab it but, you know, Mommy brain.) If we lived on a busier street I would not have been so lucky to snag it.
Lavinia was proud of our haul. She wanted to climb in as soon as we got the little beaut home.
|They don't make 'em like this anymore.|
I have always fantasized about refinishing furniture (I have boring fantasies okay?) and now I have my chance...except that I’m totally clueless about the next steps.
Naturally I turned to Pinterest and the blog world. After wading through a sea of information I've narrowed my research down to the top tutorials and ideas I came across. So, grab a seat (pun definitely intended) and take a look at how to refinish all different types of chairs!
- How to strip, paint and recover dining chairs step by step instructions on how to make tired chairs brand new.
- Refinishing wood with waxes and oils- a side by side comparison.
- How to turn thrift store chairs into an outdoor dining set- outdoor furniture can be so expensive or ugly- not in this case.
- How to reupholster cushions, you can do it, really! This DIY’er had no previous experience and her chair looks really well executed.
- Simple instructions turn a traditional chair into a funky, modern piece.
- You can even make folding chairs adorable.
- 28 before and afters for inspiration...Happy workshopping peeps!
What is a craft or project you have always wanted to try?
Note: Speaking of pre-loved wares- This awesome blog talks about all things vintage and more in Melbourne. Here is a specific tutorial from the blog about shellacking used furniture.
*Collage of images from designformankind.com, simplysalvage.com & homedit.com